If you’re struggling to connect Eufy Baby Monitor with its camera and is repeatedly failing to pair, you’ve come to the right page. Repeated firmware updates combined with technical hardware bugs have left many users frustrated and you’re not alone. The pairing issues with Eufy Cam is among the highly sought-after troubleshooting solutions for this brand.
In this guide, I have put together a detailed practical step-by-step guide for you to easily follow and get your Eufy Baby Monitor paired with its camera again. These steps apply to Eufy Spaceview, Spaceview S and Spaceview S Pro or T8300, E8312, and T8321.
What is Eufy Baby Monitor Pairing or Camera Adding?
Eufy Spaceview Baby Monitor pairing process involves linking the camera and the monitor so that you can access live footage of your baby’s activities from anywhere in your home remotely. This convenient feature has helped many parents stay connected with their newborns, especially during the night. Unfortunately, many users have reported difficulties in pairing their Eufy Baby Monitor with its camera.
Why Won’t My Eufy Spaceview Camera Connect?
The most common reason for Eufy Spaceview monitor not pairing with the camera is due to outdated firmware. The manufacturer releases firmware updates periodically to improve performance and fix bugs; therefore, it’s essential to keep your devices updated. If you have not updated your Eufy Baby Monitor or camera recently, it’s possible that this could be the reason for the pairing issue.
Follow the firmware update steps to upgrade both the camera and the monitor firmware. Remember you’ll need to use a specified data cable to transfer the files to both the camera and the monitor separately while keeping both units paired during the transfer. When successfully upgraded, the camera will automatically restart and the monitor will display the latest firmware version on its screen.
Another potential factor that is preventing Eufy from pairing with its monitor is low battery power. Ensure that the monitor is fully charged and that the camera is connected to a power outlet using its adapter and cable.
Troubleshooting Steps for Eufy Spaceview Monitor Not Pairing with Camera
- To power on the baby monitor, press and hold the power button on the monitor for 2 seconds.
- Then, access the menu settings by pressing the Menu button on the monitor. Scroll down until you find the Camera icon and select “Add Camera”.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the monitor to initiate the pairing process.
- Next, press and hold the SYNC button on the camera for 2 seconds until it emits a beeping sound.
- The camera will automatically pair with the monitor, completing the process.
Troubleshooting Eufy Not Connecting with Camera:
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Restart both devices: Try turning off both the monitor and camera and then restarting them. This simple step can often fix minor technical issues.
- Reset to factory settings: If restarting doesn’t work, you may need to reset your monitor and camera to factory settings. This will erase any custom settings but may help solve the pairing issue.
- Check for firmware updates: As mentioned earlier, outdated firmware can prevent proper pairing between the Eufy Spaceview monitor and camera. Make sure to regularly check for updates and install them if available. Download each firmware package for your specific Eufy Spaceview monitor on this PDF document.
- Replace batteries: If your monitor is powered by rechargeable batteries, try replacing them with new ones. Old batteries may not hold enough charge to power the monitor and could be causing the pairing issue.
- Move devices closer: If your camera is too far away from the monitor, it may struggle to establish a stable connection. Try moving them closer together during the pairing process.
- Contact customer support: If none of these troubleshooting steps work, it may be time to contact Eufy customer support. They can provide further assistance and potentially replace any faulty devices.
Eufy Not Connecting to Homebase – How to Fix:
A frustrating trifecta of poor internet connection, low batteries, and outdated firmware can throw a wrench in the seamless pairing of Eufycam2, Eufycam2, and Eufycam2C Pro with the homebase. Stay connected and powered up to ensure a smooth surveillance experience!
Before troubleshooting the connection issues of your EufyCam, ensure that your monitor has the most up-to-date firmware. To manually update your HomeBase, go to the app’s “Select HomeBase > About Device > Check for latest firmware”. Once the firmware is updated, you will be able to easily add new cameras.
If the issue persists, please verify the internet connectivity of your HomeBase. Ensure that the front light on the HomeBase is displaying a blue or white color, and the camera’s light is also blue or white during the pairing process with the HomeBase. To restart the HomeBase, simply press the CYCLE button located on the back, and then proceed to add the camera once again.
If you’re still experiencing difficulty with connectivity, it’s possible that battery issues are to blame. To address this, follow these steps:
- Charge the Battery Cameras using the provided USB charging cable.
- Try using a different 5V 2A USB charger and a different USB cable to charge the camera for 2 hours.
- Note that the iPhone wall charger typically outputs 5V 1A, so it’s recommended to use a non-iPhone wall charger for charging the camera.
Using SYNC Button:
If the issue persists, your last remaining option is to use SYNC button. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Connect Homebase2 to the eufy app and confirm that Homebase has a blue light
- Add a new camera through the app
- Press the sync button on the camera, for at least 2 seconds until you hear a beep
- Go to the next step in the app, and wait for the camera to connect
- Press the sync button 5 times to reset the camera, in 3 seconds
- Press the SYNC button again for 2 seconds until you hear beep.
- With a beep sound, add the camera following normal steps.
- confirm that the home base has a blue light.
If the Homebase connection is still not enabled, you can try the following steps suggested by a Reddit user:
- Press the sync button on the camera for 10-15 seconds until your hear a beep
- Nest, press the button on the HomeBase2 until you hear a noise.
- Finally, press the sync button on the camera again until you hear a noise. After completing these steps, you should hear the message “successfully paired”.
Dismantle the Monitor:
If the previous solution proves ineffective, you can try dismantling the camera and disconnecting the battery for a period of time. This may help resolve the issue. Most Eufy cameras have a detachable plug for the batteries that can be disconnected. Here is a video to detach the batteries.
Check Wi-Fi Signal:
You can also try troubleshooting Wi-Fi connection itself. Check if the Wi-Fi signal strength is stable or if you’ve entered the right password. You can also restart the router itself and can also go ahead and restart the camera and the Homebase.
Quick Sync Pressing
Some users have pointed out how you must click the sync button immediately after you’ve scanned the barcode. Below are the steps that you should do in quick succession to succeed in connecting Homebase to Eufycam;
- Power cycle Homebase 2.
- Wait for the blue light to start flashing.
- Use the iPhone app to add the device, and continue by tapping “Next” a few times.
- Scan the barcode provided.
- A voice prompt will then guide you to quickly press and hold the sync button. Ensure you do this promptly.
- You will hear a beep, indicating a successful connection.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
- More info
Sandra W. Bullock is a highly skilled expert in baby safety, specializing in both indoor and outdoor safety. With her previous experience in retail support, she has successfully assisted numerous parents in installing essential safety equipment such as baby gates, cabinet locks, and outlet covers. Additionally, Sandra has collaborated with various child care facilities, providing valuable safety consultations and comprehensive training to caregivers.